Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Pondering the Why and the How of Digital Culture

Sometimes I get things stuck in my head that I can't get out. In my quiet moments, those thoughts
bounce around and often it's a big idea I just can't get my head wrapped around. In this case, it's a why and a how of shifting to a digital culture. The world around us has moved. Most of us will admit we've at least moved a little. Some people are proud that they haven't moved at all.

I read this article today and started thinking what if...what if we could eliminate barriers? What if we could prove the benefits of shifting to digital to be so compelling that it moved our organizations to action? What if we created a culture where risk taking is rewarded and we worked in cross-functional, collaborative teams? The benefits would move us light years forward in our mission to prepare our students for future challenges. Once I satisfied the why, I began to ponder the how, and that's where my mind is stuck. It starts with an idea. It starts with one brave leader who is willing to step out.

  • How do we create safe spaces where it is OK to fail?
  • How do we validate the new without abandoning the old?
  • How do we measure and monitor success and build on it?
I'd love to hear everyone's thought and ideas. It starts with one.


No comments:

Post a Comment